I’ve been having this mental debate on being religious vs. being spiritual. While I’ve discovered I’m not much on organized religion, I’m very spiritual. Here’s some of my thoughts on being spiritual. Let me know what you think.
- Spirituality is highly individual and intensely personal. You don’t have to be religious to be spiritual.
- Spirituality is the basic belief that there is a supreme power, a being, a force, whatever you call it, that governs the entire universe. There is a purpose for everything and everyone.
- Everything is interconnected with everything else. Everything affects and is affected by everything else.
- Spirituality is the feeling of this interconnectedness. Spirituality is being in touch with it.
- Spirituality is also the feeling that no matter how bad things get, they will always work out somehow. There is a guiding plan that governs all lives.
- We are put here to basically do good. One must strive to produce products and services that serve all of humankind.
- Spirituality is inextricably connected with caring, hope, kindness, love, and optimism. Spirituality is the basic faith in the existence of these things.